Friday, September 26, 2008

My Favorite Corner

A friend from church who comes to visit Paris from Dallas, TX always sends a "letter" out each week via email to her friends and family back home. Here's her funny story for the week. . .


Vicki's Letter

The first time I stayed in Paris my hotel was adjacent to a corner where six streets come together and make for a very interesting intersection. I love this corner. My favorite shoe store is here and so is my favorite place to get fromage blanc. It's only a few short steps for a great place to pick up incredible bread and I can always stop by and visit with the same people who still work at the hotel. So, on my first day back in Paris as I rounded this corner after picking up bread and fromage blanc it shouldn't have been any surprise at all when I ran smack into one of my friends who had been pregnant when I left in June and she was now pushing her new baby girl in a pram. It was a beautiful day and she had decided to ride the bus over to this part of town to window shop and just enjoy the day out with her new baby, Analise. I joined them and we did what any normal French person would have done...we dropped everything and walked to the park and enjoyed the rest of the day with the baby. Analise is just at that age where even a yawn looks like a smile.... She had on an adorable "French" hat and so her Mom and I took some pictures to share on her Blog. ( See attached photo!)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sarah, it has been awhile since I have looked at the blog. What a darling that little one is. What a smile. Can't wait to share this with Alan. Thanks for the pics.

Sandy J said...

That was a fun story. thanks for sharing.
Sandy

beth said...

this pic could be in a photo contest! She beautiful!1