Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Rainbow



As we drove to Switzerland two weeks ago now, a small rainbow appeared in the sky. It grew stronger and stronger and then there was a double rainbow for awhile and a full arc across the sky. We were reminded of God's faithfulness in keeping His promises. It was an awesome encouragement as we headed with our little family to a new country.
Grady was actually really great on the trip and we snapped a picture of his relaxed pose - he was actually snoring here.
Why no pictures of Analise you may ask?
Well, I'll tell you - you would not want to have seen them! While she did sleep for most of the trip, she was also extremely fussy by the end. We think it has to do with the altitude change in the mountains. In order to calm her, I squeezed my way back between the door and the head rest of the car in order to sing songs and soothe her because she was facing backwards behind my seat and there was no place for me to sit next to her in the backseat. When we reached the border crossing Daniel said - "sit down, quick! we don't want to get pulled over because you don't have a seat belt on!" So I tried to get back through- but I was stuck! Totally wedged in there - I couldn't move! Then I started laughing so I was too weak to try. Meanwhile we're approaching the border and Daniel says, "what exactly would you like me to do?" To which I started laughing even harder- amidst the screaming baby in the back seat. Finally I was able to lift up the headrest slightly and slide back into place. Phew! It was close! So all that to say, no pictures of Analise were taken that day.

No comments: