Thursday, November 13, 2008

Lefsa Time!




Two great Norwegian favorites: Lutefisk and Lefsa! I think I might be allergic to Lutefisk (ok, probably not, but lets pretend) but I really wanted to learn from Grandma Schlobohm how she makes her Lefsa. So another trip to Fairbault was required to practice the fine art of lefsa making. Thankfully grandma had prepared the riced potatoe dough so all I had to do was roll it out and grill them up. You can take my word for it - there is nothing so good as a fresh lefsa off the griddle with a little butter and sugar. mmm, mmm good.



































I was going to delete a couple of these pictures - but decided to leave them all for comic purposes! The little gal doesn't stay still for a minute. The funniest part is that she actually needs a net- she's got the hair!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know of very few young ladies of the age of Annalise who actually NEED a hair net the way she does!

beth said...

what the heck is lefsa???