Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Is it Christmas yet?

I know, I know . . . we haven't even celebrated Thanksgiving yet. There are still plenty of red and gold leaves on the trees. We still have pumpkins out and fall decorations up.

But this morning Daniel left for work and then came back in to say that the foothills were covered with snow and sure enough - the foothills as well as the mountains across the lake are beautifully white. The days are starting to get dark at 4:00 already (especially when it's rainy and cloudy) and I'm wanting the comforting glow of all those twinkly little lights.

So is it too early to bust out Amy Grant, Mannheim Steamroller, Johnny Matthis, the Carpenters, Michael W. Smith and "Windham Hill Christmas"? ah, all my friends
Is it legal to bake a batch of sugar cookies? . . . . mmm, just one
Can I hang some lights? . . . . o.k., but only a few

I mean, half the fun of Christmas is the anticipation, right? So rock on Karen "It cay -m upon a midnight clear . . . that glorious song of old - o . . .of ayngels bending near the earth to touch their harps of gold . . . "

Merry Christmas everybody and happy Thanksgiving planning!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It's not too early for me!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

I have a confession to make. I have been listening to Christmas music for like a week already. I don't know what it is. I get a wiff of a distant campfire mixed with a brisk wind and my mind immediately starts humming, "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas"....Mom, Sis, are we the normal ones or is the rest of society? haha :)

Merry Christmas Anyways hahahaha

and I love how mom is the only other one to comment...I commented and I didn't even see mom was there.

Brookings Advocates for Small Business and Market Freedom said...

Christmas songs are meant to be sung year round (much to the disgust of Jenn). Sugar cookies go good with coffee even in July. And Christmas lights... I just find it easier if you never take them down :)

Christmas is more of an attitude of good will and happiness - and I like to carry that with me all the time.

(yes, I gagged just a little as I typed it)

au natural sarah said...

I find it very interesting to be enlightened by the Johnson commentary of Christmas and it's celebration...I think you guys have got it. Christmas is just too wonderful to be limited! Merry Christmas:)

tiapugh said...

is it too late for adoption?!

I love Christmas too! I think Andy wants to sell me to the gypsies about this time of year.

And- we already have 5 inches of snow... this morning it was -10 degrees. We NEED Christmas!