Monday, November 30, 2009

putting up the tree

Well, here goes nothing . . .
it's time for another tree. Last year our tree ended up being the biggest blaze at the Prangins tree burning and while we do feel we have a reputation to maintain, we'd rather not have that fire hazard in our house for a month. So this year Daniel trimmed the stump up a little higher in hopes that it will actually take up water . . . only time will tell!
Analise had fun going through the tool kit and my flowery tools (gifts from Uncle P.J.) were a big hit.
Tonight Daniel and I trimmed the tree - so we'll see how long that will last once the wee one wakes up tomorrow.

4 comments:

Brookings Advocates for Small Business and Market Freedom said...

atta boy daniel. Open up the toolbox... provide access to lots of sharp objects... and then turn your back and leave your child to play :) Thats what I like to see out of a dad!

Archipelago of the North said...

I'm so proud! :)... and...I agree with my brother...kind of...not really...keep up the good work Dan!:)

Unknown said...

Dear sons, I don't think Dan's back was turned. He knew right away that Analise wanted that tool box opened so he obviously must have been,and probably still is, watching her.
And, even if his back was turned, don't you know parents have eyes in the back of their heads!!
Parenting tip 101.
Love, MOM

au natural sarah said...

I was just wondering how the tree has fared? Hope all is well with you guys. Love you!