Sunday, January 31, 2010

Weekend in Verbier

Last Friday Daniel left work early and we drove to Ovrannaz to swim in the outdoor thermal baths. It was so fun! The warm water and bubbles were even better enjoyed outdoors surrounded by mountains and steam, watching the sun set. Sound idyllic? yeah, I want to go back . . . now



We then stayed in a small town in an inn near Verbier. Daniel skied all day and Analise and I walked around the town and then she went to the day care and I went to the pool - (for more swimming, well, floating).





These are some of the shots from Daniel's time on the slopes.
I think the first two pictures illustrate why I love Verbier - beautiful views, clear blue skies, just God's creation at it's finest.
The last two pictures illustrate why I didn't love Verbier for the skiing - the insane mogul runs and the super steep slopes are NOT well marked and a mediocre skier can easily wander onto one. Not the place for me! The last shot is not a "trick" shot - that's how steep it was . . . umm, no thanks.




Daniel has been a really good trooper this year putting up with a pregnant wife and definitely hasn't gotten out to enjoy the Alpine ski experience very much. He has been faithfully watching ski racing on Eurosport and he's already looking forward to participating in the Darmouth ski racing league on Thursday nights.
As for me . . . well, my goals are more modest - I'm just looking forward to being able to see my feet again. Right now I wouldn't know if I was wearing a ski boot or a strappy sandal - let alone "hitting the slopes."
5 weeks to go!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

TAKE PICTURES SO WE CAN SEE WHY YOU CAN'T SEE YOUR FEET~~
Mom's like pregnant pictures!