Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My Little Brother

Eli has the hiccups and each squeak started a new round of laughs from Analise.
Analise seems to already love her baby brother and is quite protective of her time to get to hold him. She can hardly wait to have her hands wiped after breakfast because she wants to get down to go see him.


Hand holding is an acceptable form of touching - we're still trying to discourage fingers in eyes, fingers in nose, mouth etc. Kisses are and acceptable form of showing affection - we're avoiding the patting on the face and all out bear hugs.


If he starts crying she says "baby ea, baby ea, ea, ea" (as in baby eat!) and starts patting my stomach or better yet, lifting my shirt!
After Eli's bath, when his crying jag went for quite awhile while we diapered, cleaned, and lotioned him - Analise had to just cry along with him and kept saying "ok baby, ok."
I think for all her drama she is a rather sensitive sister!

3 comments:

au natural sarah said...

They look so cute together. She will be a wonderful big sister:)

Sara said...

I love it! She is so cute and he is very lucky to have her. I love she's lifting your shirt for you... how helpful! :o)

Jennifer said...

Andy's exact comments as we were looking through the blog, "What a munch (in reference to Eli) - I want to be out there!"

Miss and love you guys! Thanks for posting.