Friday, April 17, 2009

Something for everyone

Yesterday it poured rain all morning, which always puts me in the mood for baking. So I ended up making something for everyone . . .
for Analise it was baked apples. They are really easy to do and then I cut them up in bite size pieces and froze them for an easy finger food snack.For Daniel it was short bread cookies - plain and simple and so delicious.
And for me . . . chocolate zucchini cake - with a few "modifications." The ever present flax seed was subbed in, as was coconut oil instead of margarine. I also opted for raw cane sugar, chopped hazelnuts and of course an extra sprinkling of cinnamon, cocoa and sugar for a crispy topping. yum, yum (I'm not kidding! You might be surprised!)


The view from the couch improved throughout the day until finally the sun came out. We are so thankful for the balcony. I've already planted some herbs and flowers, we've grilled a few times and always enjoy being able to sit outside (something we missed living in Paris). Grady especially appreciates his little perch.The view to the lake opened up in the winter but with the arrival of the new leaves it is quickly closing.



A view of our little village . . .

No comments: