Friday, July 24, 2009

Making music . . . and cookies

This afternoon was a bit rainy and gloomy - so it was an excellent excuse to stay inside and bake some cookies.
These are almond butter cookies and they turned out to be pretty tasty, if I do say so myself. Of course I had to taste the goods!













The pictures of the sunflowers are because right now there are fields and fields of sunflowers that are so beautiful! Most are used to make oil but these were growing in a "pick your own" field with a small locked box at the end to pay on your honor. Analise and I had fun tromping through the mud and dirt to select our flowers and cut (more like hack) them down - most of them were taller than me!
And what post would be complete without a shout out to the little lady. Here she's spinning some tunes while I was finishing up the cookies . . .

1 comment:

Brookings Advocates for Small Business and Market Freedom said...

That is the perfect music at the end as she is leaving the table. The muted trumpet... it was almost like it was planned.

I love seeing her play with the table on here because a lot of our visit involved her playing with that (meaning we got to listen to the music :)

See ya soon!