Friday, June 26, 2009

party time!


Happy First Birthday (early) Analise! Today we had a birthday party after Kindermusik. A few friends got together for lunch and cake and presents. It was so fun! Claudia graciously offered her house for the party so we were able to sit outside on the patio and enjoy the sunshine.

"Hmm, I think I want to touch that."
My first attempt at a birthday cake and I think it looks O.K. - if you like the "cake decorator gone crazy" look. This had a bit of everything - two colors of flowers, sprinkles, icing polka dots, layers, and different colors of frosting. Did I mention it was delicious?


"Umm, my fingers feel funny - can somebody do something about this?"

Yeah cake! After eating her muffin and almost half her weight in frosting Analise was feeling pretty good about this situation. (I secretly made the top layer of the cake a sugar free carrot and apple muffin - but don't worry - I'm not totally evil, it was completely encased in frosting)


Our friend Bethany has been super helpful with watching Analise so that I can teach a second class of Kindermusik while Analise comes home for a nap. Thanks Betty!!

friends Jennifer, Emma and Elaine

Claudia and Lea look like twins in their pixie hair cuts and polo shirts! A big thanks to Claudia for hosting the party at her place!

Emma (Elaine's 3 year old) helped Analise open the gifts. She was very helpful and kept the party rolling right along.
Analise's gifts included a xylophone, beach toys, stuffed animal, a top, a pull along telephone and a floaty toy. Analise says "thank you very much."

sitting in the garden . . .

Elaine, Claudia, Jennifer (with Jeremy in the car seat) and Alex - with a baby in the stroller sleeping behind the group). With the help of some friends Analise's first birthday party was a success!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Wow -- this looks like a super fun party! Thanks for sharing Sarah. I know you said it's pretty easy to update the blog, but I'm sure it's more work than you let on. BUT thank you for doing it! I love looking at the blog and I cannot tell you how many times Andy and I will get home from work and say to each other "Did you see the blog?" Yes, we call it "THE" blog.

Happy Birthday Analise and Happy Birthday to you Sarah! June 27th right?